Travel Essentials

08:34

Hello Lovelies!

I can't believe I'm saying this but, my family and I are going to Rome this Friday! It has come around so quickly and am so excited to get going. We've nearly finished packing and today I was sorting out my hand luggage (or carry-on) so, I thought I'd share with you my travel essentials.

Firstly, the bag I'm using is a Fjallraven Kanken which is a rucksack style bag which is in the color 'Sky Blue' and is just the right size for a carry on. It cost around £55 and is very durable and has last well so far. I'm also planning on using it for college next year. It has a one small pocket on the front and a large 'main' pocket. It also has one on the size for water bottles or similar.


So, when you open up the front pocket I first have in there, my iPod. Now, I like to have all my music on my older iPod rather than on my phone because if I'm going to be taking pictures while I'm away, I don't want all the storage to be taken up by music. I prefer to have it on another device such as my iPod nano. I also have a pair on headphones in there and my iPhone. As well as this, I have my prescription sunglasses in there. As you can tell, I normally wear glasses and if I want to wear sunglasses I have to take those ones off so I'm practically blind! Whereas these ones have the same lens but have a tint so they protect my eyes from the sun and I can see. They are by the brand 'ArtDeco' and I keep them in this little black case from H&M. At the minute, I have nothing in the side pocket but, when we do go I will most likely have a bottle of water in there. 

Onto the main pocket!

To start us off, I have two books in this pocket, 'The Bell Jar' by Sylvia Plath and 'Carrie' by Stephen King'. During this holiday I won't have a ton of time to read so I will mainly be reading whilst on the plane. However, I like to take two books just in case there is the slight chance that I finish one. Next up, I have by purse which is by Chanel and that I actually got as a gift from my Uncle whilst he was in Hong Kong so thank you Uncle Justin! In here I have a little bit of UK money (pounds) but right now it is mostly euros. Or Peso as I found out earlier which are from when we went to Cuba last year. I also have in here my camera which is a Fujifilm  *insert some numbers and letters here* and I keep that in my floral case by Cath Kidston. In this case I as well have some spare batteries and memory cards. I have my iPhone charger in there too and my bag of make-up items.


Okay so when I'm travelling, I'm one of those people who don't wear make-up on the plane. This is because I normally spend loads of time trying to get my make-up right and when you're on a plane, you're skin dries out and the make-up actually looks pretty bad so it was pretty pointless trying. This is why a take a very small selection of make-up with me onto the aircraft and I will apply whilst in-flight. In this bag I have the 'Stay Matte' Powder and the 'Wake Me Up' Concealer both by Rimmel. I don't take a foundation with me as it will be (hopefully) hot when we land and it will basically melt off. I also have a eyebrow pencil which is by L'Oreal, 'Scandal Eyes' Liquid Liner by Rimmel, 'They're Real' Mascara by Benefit and No7 'Stay Perfect' Eyeshadow in 'Starry Nights' to use for my eye make-up.  As well as these, I have a small pack of tissues, mini sun lotion and make-up brush and compact mirror.

If I was travelling alone, I would have my passport or ID and documents in this part of the bag in a little case but, because I and travelling with my family, I trust my parents with those.

That's it for my travel essentials! I will be leaving England on Friday and will be gone for a week, I will try to have a few posts planned to upload (I have wifi in the hotel!) for you guys and also, if you see me at the airport, come and say hi! Thank you guys and I'll see you in a week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments