Rome Days 3 & 4

09:05

Hello Lovelies!

On the Sunday of our trip to Rome, my Dad and brother had organised a activity for us all to do which myself and my Mum didn't know about. We had been speculating for weeks about what it could be and it had finally come to the day of the big reveal. As my brother and Dad know, I have a huge soft spot for Fiat 500's and I'm always telling my family about how they're going to be my first car. My family had organised to go on a tour around Rome in two 1970's style Fiat 500's! We were waiting outside for our 'lift' and after 5-10 minutes these two little Fiat 500's pulled up and I couldn't help but smile as they whizzed around the corner.


The two people who did the tour were fantastic and took us to places which we hadn't even heard of. It was definitely worth doing as we got to see all these amazing places in such a short amount of time. We drove to a few truly beautiful churches, a gorgeous fountain, two or three amazing parks. There was also a piece of contemporary which was extraordinary. Although, there was one stop which I thought was particularly
special.
Inside the contemporary art

The beautiful fountain we saw

We walked up to this absolutely humongous door which had a tiny little keyhole at the side. All we got told was to go look through the keyhole. When you look through it, there is a two rows of well manicured trees, one to the left and one to the right but as you look beyond that, perfectly placed in the middle of the keyhole is St Peter's Basilica. It was one the most brilliantly, mind-boggling things I had seen during the whole trip, so simple but, so amazing. That evening we didn't really do anything special, we just relaxed at the hotel and had a meal there which was very nice indeed.

This sounds quite odd but, on Monday we went to the beach. Now, when people go to Rome, they don't really think about going to the beach as Rome is such a great city. We took a train ride to Santa Marinella which was about an hour away (and the trains were double-decker, whAt?!). The beach was very well kept with rows and rows of umbrellas and sunbeds and beautiful apartments nearby. I've also decided that I'm 100% going to live in one of those apartments someday;) Santa Marinella is a very beautiful place in Italy and I hope that many more people get to see it and appreciate it. We had a tasty snack at the top of the beach which was very good and had a great view of the whole stretch of beach. Monday was our sort-of 'chill day' as we had a very busy week planned ahead of us!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time, Kat! The photo's are amazing - beautiful views! X

    www.fortheloveofwordsx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw it was so brilliant, Demi! Thank you so much! :) x

      Delete