Rome Days 1 & 2

03:26

Hello Lovelies!

So on Friday evening my family and I arrived back from Rome *sobs* and I want to share the adventure with you all!

We traveled out the previous Friday from Heathrow airport in London and it was a two hour flight which, compared to a 9 hour last year, was pretty good. As soon as we landed I could tell that I would fall in love with the city. It was ridiculously beautiful with amazing scenery right from the off-set. We then traveled to the hotel which was Crowne Plaza St. Peters. It was a very friendly environment and a great place to stay whilst we were there. That evening we didn't really do a great deal. We unpacked a few of our belongings and headed to dinner at the restaurant next door which had some delicious food! I had a chicken in a tomato sauce which tasted so so good. We all slept extremely well that night after a busy day of traveling.


The next day we went to the heart of Rome to begin to explore the city. Firstly, we headed to the Vatican and more specifically St. Peter's Square. It was very pretty but was crazy busy so we didn't really hang around for too long, we also did a whole tour of the Vatican a few days later so we didn't want to spoil it for us too much. We also went to the Spanish Steps which have a amazing view of the area from the top.
Next, we went to the Trevi Fountain, however, it was actually switched off because it was being re-constructed so, the actual fountain was in working condition which was a little disappointing but, what can you do? Also, we went for lunch at a great little cafe where Harry and I had ice-cream (yum) because even though it was raining, it was still unbelievably hot. After this we went to the Pantheon which was one of my highlights from Rome. It's a beautifully constructed building which has one of the biggest domes on the top which actually has a hole in the middle of it. This was one of my favorite places in Rome just because it was so small compared to everything else but had just as much beauty.

The hole in the ceiling of the Pantheon
The Pantheon

That evening we had then booked in to share a meal with a wonderful Italian family and we met some amazing people. Barbara cooked some delicious Italian home-meals for us and I don't think I've ever tasted Italian food which was as good as that! Also, her apartment was so cute, I loved it! Thank you so much for having us! At the meal, another family from Canada joined us and it was so great to meet them. It was brilliant to make some new friends who we will stay in touch with. It was amazing to meet The Holy's! 

That's it about my trip to Rome for now but I will be writing about the rest of the journey in the next week or so. In the meantime, you can check out my vlogs here from days 1 and 2, enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments