Starting College

03:10

Hello Lovelies!

So two weeks ago I finally started college! Over the next two years I will by studying Creative Writing, Geography, English Language and Media Studies. I'm studying these because I believe that they will help me get into a career in journalism. There was actually a Journalism A Level available which I decided not to take right now put may pick up in my second year. This means that I could end up with a total of five A Levels rather than four or even less!



To get to college, it normally takes me between fourty minutes to an hour to get there. Now, I know what you're all thinking 'Katie, why didn't you stay at your school's sixth form if it's closer?' Well, that's because two of the courses (geography and media) I wanted to do clashed so, I would have to choose one or the other, which I really didn't want to do! That's one of the main reasons as to why I chose to go to college rather than stay at school. Being at college has also given me a chance to get to know some new people which is great! A lot of the people I actually went to junior school with go to my college so its enabled me to catch up with them too! I'm not forgetting about those who stayed at sixth form though, I'm trying to see them all on a regular basis.

At college I'm finding that I'm engaging much more in lessons than I did at GCSE level. This is probably because I'm now doing all lessons that I enjoy rather than ones that I don't. I'm focusing in class more than I ever have!

I'll keep you all updated with how I'm doing at college and I'll speak soon! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hope you have a great time at college!xx
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete