Surprise London Weekend

10:46

Hello Lovelies!
So, last weekend my family whisked me away on a surprise weekend in London to celebrate my 16th birthday (which isn't until next week)! I didn't know anything that they had planned for me apart from where we were staying and what we were having for tea! We left our house around 8 o'clock in the morning and arrived in London just after 10. Firstly, we went to the hotel to drop off our luggage and I was taken to the first location...



To my surprise, my parents had arranged for us to have 'high tea' at 'The Ritz'. 'The Ritz' is a EXTREMELY posh building where people can stay the night or just have tea (the drink, not food). We were provided with a very wide selection of tea and cake, eventually I just settled for regular British tea, not very exciting haha! The cakes they made were delicious and were so perfectly decorated.
The whole time we were there, there was a man playing the piano. I didn't think anything of him until my brother pointed out that he was playing 'Happy Birthday'. It then clicked and I knew what was about to happen. As I had presumed, round the corner came a man holding a cake saying 'Happy 16th Birthday Katie'. By this time I was in tears of laughter to hide the fact that I was completely embarrassed and I had to blow out the candle. Everyone clapped as I shook my head at my parents, still laughing.
The cake got squished a little, it didn't arrive like this

Next, my mum had booked us tickets to go and she the stage show of 'We Will Rock You'. We had done the show as the main production at school so, I was looking forward to see the real version! The actors were amazing and vocals were brilliant. After seeing the stage show, I realised how on point our school was when we had done it! This was one of the highlights of my day as I am a Queen fan and love the musical. The following day we decided to go to Oxford Street to spend a little bit of money. Oxford Street is one of my favorite places in London, it really gives you city vibe. We walked past the UAL; London College of Fashion which is my dream university to go to after my 'A Levels'. Seeing the university in all its glory made me more determined to get my grades and pass. It's in such a good location and the courses look amazing!


  
So that's my weekend away in London, my parents were so kind and thoughtful to organise all this for me and it is much appreciated ! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments