The Road to Uni: Kingston

08:44

Hello!
For now, this is going to be the last post in my mini 'Road to Uni' series! I went to my final university open day a week or so ago and it was at Kingston University in London, again looking at their BA Hons Journalism course. I visited the Penryn Road campus which is where I would be if I end up going there. I was struggling with my UCAS application as I currently only had two solid choices and needed to put a third. You can have up to five choices but I've ended up only putting three. I found it very difficult to find places that actually offered courses which would appeal to me and the means of Journalism I wanted to learn about and somewhere which would allow me to become the journalist I aspire to be.


Kingston was the final uni where I had booked an open place for and whether I liked it or not, I would have to put it as a choice on my application because I didn't feel comfortable leaving it with only two choices. Luckily, I thought the uni was n't too bad, I think I do prefer Cardiff and Westminster however, I was happy to apply to Kingston as well. The course looked pretty good although, it doesn't focus heavily on the online side of Journalism, the side I want to go in to.

The entry requirements for Kingston are ABB, the same as Cardiff. Currently, I hoping that I will get an offer from Westminster as the entry grades are realistic for me and I feel like they are something I can achieve if I work hard this year. Although, I feel like i could potentially get into Cardiff or Kingston as well.


I have now sent off my application and am awaiting my offers, hopefully I will get some over the next few weeks and will let you all know what happens from there - good luck to anyone applying for university and waiting for offers!

You Might Also Like

0 comments