Ooh How Retro

08:47

Hey!

When I say to people that I own a record a player, their immediate reaction is 'how vintage!' or 'how retro!' and I'm not going to lie, it's a little bit annoying. However, today I thought that I'd do a post explaining my record player and the little collection I now have.



Firstly, I have a 'Steepletone' record player. Most people right now tend to have 'Crosley' players and aren't really fans of Steepletone. I've heard a few stories where people's vinyls have been scratched because of the record player and I can't say that I've had this problem yet (touch wood). There was one occasion where the needle was bent at a slight angle so it did affect the way the music sounded although, I was able to by a new needle (for quite cheap might I add)) and replace it easily. That's the only 'problem' I've had so far and really it was my own fault for not taking care when changing vinyls. The needles are very easily bent if not used carefully. 

I got my record player as a gift a few Christmasses ago and to begin with, I didn't have that many records. I started out with a vinyl of Imagine Dragons' 'Night Visions' and Two Door Cinema Club's 'Beacon'. My parents also gave me a couple of their old records they had which include Bob Marley, Queen and Spandeau Ballet. My collection is now well over 50 and I only want it to grow more. The beauty of it is that newer bands are now releasing their albums on vinyl as well as CD or MP3, it's cool that they're realiaing that vinyl is becoming more popular again which means that I now have the likes of Neck Deep and Tom Odell on record. 

I love having my record player and there really isn't anything better than hearing a old vinyl crackle away. If any of you are thinking about getting one and aren't too sure yet, I say definitely do it - it'll change you're life forever!!






You Might Also Like

0 comments