Chill Out, Man

01:51

Hey!!

One of my friends, Caitlin actually gave me the idea to do this post. I saw her briefly the other day and we were talking about college and the workload we are given and applying for university etc. Halfway through she said 'You need to write a blog post about keeping calm because whenever I see you, you always seem so chilled' so, I thought I'd take that on board and write this post. I try to remain calm during the hectic hell that I like to call life and here's some of the ways I do that..

1. PLAN
I cannot stress enough how much planning I do, even if I have a 'day off' I'll try to plan what that day will consist of. I've finally got my upload schedule sorted (Soapbox on a Wednesday, oce4nblue on a Friday and YouTube on a Sunday) and it feels really good knowing what I'm doing when. I'm known for planning my life pretty much to the last detail (which is good and bad) but it is a huge weight off of my shoulders knowing what I'm doing on what day.

2. TREAT YO' SELF
If I do have some free time, I'll do something for myself. Whether that's catching up on watching YouTube videos or readying other blogs or just watching re-runs of Impractical Jokers with a cup of coffee, I like to take time out relaxing where I don't have to think about doing anything. 

3. MAKE THE BEST OF A BAD SITUATION
When I have a bad day or something doesn't go the way I'd of liked it to, I'll always think to myself 'Well, it could be a lot worse' or if I'm nervous about doing something (e.g. a job interview) I'll think 'Worst case scenario: I don't get the job. Best case scenario: I get the job'. For me personally, it puts things into perspective and helps me though it.

4. REALISE THAT THINGS DON'T ALWAYS GO TO PLAN
Yes, you can plan your life out to the last detail (like I tend to do) but plans won't always go the way you want them to. Things change and if that means adjusting accordingly then that's what you have to do.

5. SECOND CHANCES EXIST
So, you get one bad grade in a exam, you screw that thing up one time, but that's okay! I'm re-taking one of my exams this year because I didn't get the grade I would've liked to last time around and to begin with yeah I did feel embarrassed about it and I allowed it to bring me down. I was panicking about it to start with because it meant that I had to re-do a whole years worth of work but now I've realised that it's alright that I'm doing this, and if I want to get to university this year, I have to re-do it. Doing something wrong once doesn't mean that you can't do it right second time around.


You Might Also Like

0 comments