Keeping Healthy & Lovely

10:47

Hey!
Recently, I've been trying to have a slightly healthier lifestyle. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything, I've basically just realised how much crap I eat and want to change that!! I've made a few slight changes to my lifestyle and have already seen that they have made a huge difference!
Firstly, I've started to excersise a little more. During secondary school, we used to have P.E lessons twice a week so I at least got a bit of a work out, however now that I'm at college I've completely abandoned it. So instead, I try to do in-home work outs at least 3 or 4 times a week. These normally include excersies like squats, sit-ups, 30 second to 1 minute planks, bicep curls and leg raises. I feel that have all made a difference and I can definitely 'feel' it afterwards!! 
Also, I've changed a few small things about my diet. I try to incorporate more fruit into my meals and have at least 2 or 3 of my five-a-day. I do this by making fruit bowls or smoothies and here is how to do just that..

Fruit Bowls;
1 banana, chopped
1 apple, chopped
pot of yoghurt (whatever type, the choice is yours)
oats and/or nuts

Put it all into a bowl and vóila!!


Smoothies;
a cup of strawberries
a cup of raspberries
a cup of blueberries
1 cucumber
2 apples
a cup of blackberries
half a cup of apple or orange juice

Blend all together and you have a delicious smoothie!!


The last thing I've started to do is take time out for myself. Exam season is very soon for me now (3 weeks, eek!) and it's all good revising and everything but you don't want to do too much. You need to sit down every so often and do something YOU want to do to chill. Take some time to read that book you've been meaning to start. Having a relaxing bubble bath, just do something to calm you down from the busy rush of life!


That's it from me for now!! All of the photos used on this post you can actually find on my instagram which is; oce4nblue_ so maybe give it a little look?? Anyway, see you all soon!!

Katie x

You Might Also Like

0 comments