Tom Odell & Forest-y Things

04:28

Hey!
On Friday, myself and my family took a nice, long 3 hour drive to Nottingham to see Tom Odell perform in Sherwood Forest. My parents actually got the tickets as a kinda 'Family Christmas Present' and the time had finally rolled around.
We left Friday morning and arrived at the hotel mid afternoon which, timing-wise, was pretty damn good. After dumping our bags in the room we headed into the town to grab some food before we we to the concert. The four of us ended up going to Jamie's Italian which is run by Jamie Oliver and it is definitely what you expect. The food is amazingly good and delicious and the pricing isn't really too bad either! They also had their own homemade lemonade too which is to die for, I actually could've taken a whole tank of it home.


my brother and I

The concert started at seven so we got there for around six-thirty. It was outside so it was a good idea to get there early to get a good spot. We were actually pretty close which was great! Tom Odell also had two artists supporting him - Rae Morris and Alfie Connor, both of which are brilliantly talented, you should 100% give them a listen! Rae has such a unique and distinctive voice and Alfie was tons of fun to listen and jam out to. Despite the rain, I enjoyed both very much!



Tom came on stage at nine and has such a extraordinary amount of raw energy which he conveyed as soon as he stepped one foot on the stage. He absolutely crushed it on the piano! He played some of his songs from the album 'Long Way Down'  and even a few new songs which will be on his next album. He also sang a new song which is a collaboration with Rae Morris called 'Grow', it was only the second time which they had performed it live! It's so unique and delicate, it was beautifully sung! It's fab to see someone from my hometown (Chichester, West Sussex) and was wonderful to see all these artists in such a beautiful location, especially at this time of year.

Rae Morris
Tom Odell

Alfie Connor
 The next day we went shopping in Nottingham town centre which was fab and I managed to grab a few last bits for my holiday. The town is really pretty and has a great about of different shops! I may do a haul about the clothes I got soon...


I had a lovely weekend away with the family, brilliant music and sunshine which was exactly what I needed! Thankyou all for reading and I'll speak soon!



You Might Also Like

0 comments