The Road to Uni: Westminster

10:11

Hey!

For my next uni visit, I went to Westminster. Well, actually Harrow. The Westminster campus is spread around London including ones in Regent Street, Cavendish and (of course) Harrow.
The Harrow campus is the School of Media, Art and Design so there's a great mix of people all studying creative subjects. From a journalistic perspective it's brill because there'll always be something going on whether that's do to with music, fashion or TV. 


The lectures all seemed fab all with a really good journalistic background. Also, with the course, it focuses a lot more on the digital side of media as that's where most of our news comes from nowadays.  I hadn't seen this featured in as much detail in th other courses I had looked at. By this point I was starting to fall in love with the uni. 


What really won me over was the fact that one of their graduates, who studied journalism, now works for BuzzFeed. BuzzFeed is the absolute dream for me and is somewhere I'd love to work in the future. Seeing that someone had studied what I want to study, got the grades and made it to that level of work through the university completely won me over and has swayed my opinion.



As well as this, the entry requirements are perhaps a little bit more realistic for me. For Westminster the requirements are BBB whereas at Cardiff they were ABB. I could potentially get an A if I put the work in but if I fail to, the BBB entry grades perhaps work better for me. The Harrow campus is also the only Westminster site with a bar on campus and has recently had a huge refurbishment of the library. It looks fantastic and is really kitted out with good quality computers and systems. There is also two radio studios, two or three news rooms to use for lectures and one large TV studio with all the proper equipment that is used for filming, which is perfect for journalism students especially!!


Everyone at the university were really friendly and helpful. It seems like a great community to be a part of. Right now, I think I'd have to say that Wesrminster has taken over Cardiff as my top cjoice, mainly down to the course!! I've had a change up with the next few open days as after double checking the course at Beihhton, I've decided that it's not for me. Instead, I am now going to be looking at Kingston and one other university. We'll see how these are and whether or not they appeal to me!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments