Letting Go

10:17

Today's post is going to be a little bit different and somewhat deep. Over my time spent at college I've made a ton of new friends who I'm really grateful for but, on the flipside I've lost a couple of close old friends too.
2014 Throwback
And it's not especially for any reason in particular, in some cases we've just drifted away and slowly stopped texting each other and arranging to hang out. Although, there are some people who in my mind I've had to decide whether or not to let them go.

And I'm not saying that I wanted to stop being their friends, but I had to stand back and look at whether or not they were ACTUALLY being a friend. Someone who constantly tries to pass off sly comments about your clothing or who you are is NOT your friend. Someone who makes you feel bad about yourself is NOT your friend. Someone who spreads rumors or makes up things about you is NOT your friend. Anyone who makes you feel bad is someone who should not be allowed to call themselves a friend of yours.

Hannah and I (sorry Han)
In my case, I did genuinely think they were joking to begin with. But, when you hear those comments almost everyday, it begins to play on your mind whether or not they are jokes or not. I haven't lost many friends over the past few years but, maybe one or two of the people I've let go of have been because of this reason. 

So, if there is someone in your life like this who makes you feel ashamed of who are and calls them your 'friend', take a step back, look at the situation and consider whether or not they are a true friend. The people you surround yourself with makes a difference to your happiness!! I know it's hard to let someone like that go, but your health, well-being and happiness is so much more important than someone's sarcastic comment.

 I've slowly learnt that sometimes a small group of great friends is better than a large group of sh*tty ones.

Caitlin and I (lol sorry Caitlin)

You Might Also Like

0 comments